How to Clear the Cache for Facebook Sharing?
Have you ever tried to share a page from your website and noticed that the picture was off, but even after you fixed it, it still keeps displaying the old image when shared?
This is because Facebook has cached your previous images and SEO information for that particular page. In order to debug and clear everything, you will need to debug that particular URL and "SCRAPE" that page using the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool.
How does the Facebook Crawler work?
You can use the Sharing Debugger to see the information that is used when your website content is shared on Facebook, Messenger and other places. The Batch Invalidator will let you refresh this information for multiple URLs at the same time. Open Graph markup lets you take control over how your website content appears to others.
Steps to Scrape your URL:
1. Open the Facebook Sharing Debugger
2. Paste the URL that you wish to clear the cache for
3. Click the button to Debug
4. Click the button to Scrape (sometimes you need to click it a few times for it to update)
5. Go try and share your URL again and voila!